This post was originally published on this site.
Trump Admin Preparing to Strike Iran: Report
This post was originally published on this site.
President Trump is preparing to hit Iran with a new round of military strikes, CBS reported on Friday evening.
CBS noted that no final decision has been reached.
Earlier Friday, President Trump raised eyebrows after he announced he would not be attending his son Don Jr’s wedding this weekend because it is “important” for him to remain in DC “during this important period of time.”
“While I very much wanted to be with my son, Don Jr., and the newest member of the Trump Family, his soon to be wife, Bettina, circumstances pertaining to Government, and my love for the United States of America, do not allow me to do so,” Trump said.
“I feel it is important for me to remain in Washington, D.C., at the White House during this important period of time. Congratulations to Don and Bettina!” Trump said earlier Friday.
CBS News reported:
The Trump administration was preparing Friday for a fresh round of military strikes against Iran, according to sources with direct knowledge of the planning, even as diplomacy continued.
No final decision on strikes had been reached as of Friday afternoon.
“Circumstances pertaining to Government” are keeping President Trump from attending his son Donald Trump Jr.’s wedding this weekend, he said in a social media post. The president had planned to spend Memorial Day weekend at his golf property in New Jersey but will now return to the White House.
Some members of the U.S. military and intelligence community canceled their plans for the Memorial Day weekend in anticipation of possible strikes, several sources said.
Defense and intelligence officials began updating recall rosters for U.S. installations overseas as tranches of troops stationed in the Middle East rotate out of theater, part of an effort to reduce the American military footprint in the region amid concern about possible Iranian retaliation.
The US and Israel first struck Iran in late February.
The Pentagon said Iran’s missile capabilities have been decimated.
Earlier Friday Secretary of State Marco Rubio said there has been “slight progress” in Iran peace talks but said the “tolling system” in the Strait of Hormuz is unacceptable.
DEVELOPING…
The post Trump Admin Preparing to Strike Iran: Report appeared first on The Gateway Pundit.
editor's pick
latest video
news via inbox
Nulla turp dis cursus. Integer liberos euismod pretium faucibua



